The 2024 Host Committee values inclusion and access for all participants and are pleased to provide reasonable accommodations for this event. We can offer a range of accommodations to ensure that A.A. members with disabilities and unique needs can fully participate. While we strive to meet all accommodation requests, please be aware that we may have limitations, and as such, we cannot guarantee that all requests can be accommodated.
Accommodation requests should be submitted no later than February 16, 2024.
Click here to download Access Guide PRAASA 2024
To request an accommodation, please click on the orange link below, and fill out the form:
Having trouble with the form? Call or text (415) 570-7089 (for accessibility questions).
ACCESSIBILITY INFORMATION AND RESOURCES
The following is a list of accommodations being offered by the Accessibility Committee, as well as helpful resources for your time in San Francisco.
- Assisted Listening Devices
- Certified American Sign Language (ASL) interpreters with experience interpreting for A.A. meetings and events.
- Large Print Programs
- Professional-quality Spanish interpreters with experience interpreting for A.A. meetings and events
For specific questions about ASL or Spanish interpretation, email here
REGISTRATION AND HOSPITALITY ACCOMMODATIONS:
- Deaf and Hard-of-Hearing (HOH) Registration / Information Table staffed with ASL student interpreters
- Volunteer wheelchair escorts (upon request)
- List of accessible restaurants and dining establishments (available in large print upon request)
- ADA-compliant public entrances and accessible routes to the conference center, including Elevator access.
- Main ballroom and meeting spaces are ADA-compliant for wheelchair accessibility
- An All-Gender bathroom will be available at the conference center
- Conference center restrooms have wheelchair-accessible stalls
- Service Animals are allowed throughout the Conference Center
AIRPORT ACCOMMODATIONS (SFO AND OAK):
- ASL student interpreters as airport greeters at SFO and OAK (upon request)
- Volunteer wheelchair escorts at SFO and OAK (upon request)
IMPORTANT: The hotel only offers Valet parking and does not have free or low-cost parking on-site for those with Disability Placards or Disability License Plates. Valet parking is approximately $20 per hour with a daily maximum/overnight rate of $91.20.
Attendees in wheelchairs or mobility devices who plan to drive: Please email or call/text (415) 570-7089 ASAP for help finding free or low-cost accessible parking and/or transportation to/from the hotel.
For general information on parking and transportation at PRAASA 2024, click here
GETTING AROUND SAN FRANCISCO:
The hotel and conference center is 1 block away from the Powell Street Station, and on the same intersection as the #14 MUNI Bus Stop on the corner of Mission & 4th Street.
Please use the following links to learn more about the accessible services of San Francisco’s public transit systems:
If you qualify for paratransit in your city of residency, you may be eligible for the SFMTA Paratransit Service. Please call (415) 351-7050 in advance of your trip.
Accessible Taxi Services:
San Francisco also has many taxi-cab companies with accessible vehicles and wheelchair ramps. To schedule or request a Ramp Taxi, call:
Luxor Cabs (415) 282-4141; or Centralized SF Taxi Dispatch: (415) 970-1300
GUEST ROOM ACCOMMODATIONS:
The Marriot Marquis offers the following features in their wellness, mobility, and/or hearing accessible guest rooms:
- Accessible Vanities
- Accessible doorways and pathways
- Bathtub Seat and Grab Rails in Shower
- Closed Caption TV
- Flashing Door Knockers
- Flashing Fire Alarms
- Hand-Held Shower Wand
- Hypo-allergenic and fragrance-free “wellness” rooms
- Lowered bed heights in some rooms
- Lowered Electrical Outlets
- Lowered Deadbolts, Night Guards and Viewports on Doors
- Raised Toilet Seats with Grab Rails
- Roll-in / Transfer Showers
- Room Windows Open
- Self-Closing Room Doors
- Service Animals are allowed (please inquire with the hotel about their Pet Policy)
- TTY/TTD Compatible
For more information about the physical features of the Marriott’s accessible rooms, common areas or special hotel services relating to a specific disability, please call (415) 896-1600.